Who do you trust to make laws for rideshare drivers?
Do you trust the executives and lobbyists of Uber, Lyft, Doordash or Grubhub who make their money off our backs? WE DO NOT!
Do you trust politicians, lawyers, or officials who say they mean well, but don’t understand what it means to be a gig worker? WE DO NOT!
Or do you trust the drivers themselves, who know what laws would best empower them to work with respect and dignity. WE SAY: TRUST THE DRIVERS!
Massachusetts House Bill 1094 – An Act Establishing a Rideshare Driver Bill of Rights – was written by drivers, for drivers. The bill includes:
- Covers Independent Contractors + Employees
- Guaranteed Flexibility
- Paid Sick Leave
- Path to Driver Unionization
- Raise Rates to $0.69/mile + $1.33/min
- Higher rates for XL, Black, SUV rides.
- $5 minimum per ride.
- Proportional Bonuses
- Bans Unfair Deactivations
- 14 Written Notice Before Deactivation
- Creates Driver Deactivation Center
The BIG GIG companies – Uber, Lyft, Doordash, Grub Hub, and Instacart – have mistreated the app drivers for too long. These companies have used an algorithm to rule over our lives. Now we are fighting back and demanding respect!.